CHRISTIAN COUNSELING IN WAKE FOREST, NC, RALEIGH, NC, AND FUQUAY VARINA, NC
At the core of our practice is our Foundation and belief in Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, who was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. Most importantly, we believe he died for our transgressions and was resurrected by the power of God.
Through our repentance and belief in Jesus, we can experience forgiveness, salvation, and a personal relationship with the creator of the universe. We can have hope and peace that surpasses all understanding and know that we are never alone in our struggles. Ultimately, the bible is our authority and how we guide our principles and lives.
How Our Faith Impacts Counseling
Our faith influences our worldview. Therefore, we are open and honest about our beliefs as they influence how we understand healing, pain, and hope. However, at Foundations Family Therapy we work with individuals with different perspectives and backgrounds. When you begin therapy, your counselor will meet you wherever you are in your faith journey.
We know first hand that being a Chrisitan does not entitle you to a life free of pain, struggles, or difficulties. In fact, sometimes it's the exact opposite. We do believe that God has a purpose and plan for each of our lives and that he is near to the broken-hearted and close in your suffering. Through Christian counseling, you can process your circumstances through the lens of the gospel.
Finding God in your struggle
Maybe you’re struggling with your faith and having doubts about God. Maybe you’re wondering “where God is” in the midst of your circumstances. You know he's there but you can't feel or sense him and you feel lost, hopeless, and disconnected. Our Christian therapists can help you learn from God's promises that he will not leave you or forsake you. Christian counseling could help you find hope in your circumstances and identify purpose in the midst of your pain.
Is Christian Counseling Right for Me?
As you consider whether or not it's important to you personally that your therapist is a Christian and can approach your mental health through that lens, here are some things to consider:
- Christian counseling provides evidenced-based therapy with licensed therapists through the lens of a Christian worldview.
- Our Christian therapists respect your understanding of scripture and theology. Therefore, we won't spend counseling sessions preaching.
- Christian counseling can be helpful for people of different denominations, even if your therapist doesn't practice your same denomination.
- Your therapist will use your personal understanding of scripture and personal beliefs to help you deepen your faith.
- The bible will be used in the session to the level of your comfort. Whether that's in every session or not at all. When used, the therapist will use the version of your choice, if possible.
- Your therapist may be used during counseling sessions. This could include you praying or your therapist praying with or for you. Prayer will be offered and used whenever you find it comforting.
- Christian counseling is bound by the same ethical guidelines as non-christian counseling. Your therapist will not talk with your pastor or church elders without written permission from you.
- You do not have to be a member of a church to seek help from a Christian counselor. However, if you are part of a church or faith community, your therapist will help you identify supports or resources within this community if it would be helpful.
- Christian counselors do not push their views on you. Nor will not try to convince you of their beliefs, theology, or denominational practices.
- Christian counseling may challenge your beliefs, in the same way, that non-Christian counseling could cause you to think differently about your beliefs or thoughts.
- Your therapist will create a safe space that is free of judgment. Our Christian therapists want you to thrive and will support you in your healing no matter where you are in your faith journey.
You Were Made to Thrive & Christian Counseling Can Help
Even in your struggles, you recognize that your strength and healing come from God. As Christian therapists, we use our experience of faith combined with our knowledge of psychology to help you on your journey to healing. Our Christian therapists will incorporate scripture, biblical guidance, prayer, and other resources into your sessions. We understand that your faith is a central part of your healing. So, we take your lead and will include as much or as little as you are comfortable with.
The counselors at Foundations Family Therapy feel not only led, but called to our profession as therapists. In fact, it is an honor for us to be able to walk with you on a journey of healing. We believe that everyone was created by God and for God and that there is a purpose for your life. We want to help you find the purpose you were created for, and to move from barely surviving to thriving.
Begin Christian Counseling in Wake Forest, NC, Raleigh, NC, and Fuquay Varina, NC
The skilled counselors at Foundations Family Therapy in Fuquay Varina, NC, Wake Forest, and Raleigh feel not only led, but called to our profession as therapists. It is our honor to walk with you on a journey of healing. We believe that everyone was created by God and for God. There is a purpose for your life. We want to help you find the purpose you were created for. To start your therapy journey, please follow these simple steps:
- Request an appointment
- Meet with a caring Christian therapist
- Start creating a deeper connection with God
Contact us at (919) 285-4802 to get started with Christian counseling today.
Other Counseling Services at Foundations Family Therapy:
Christian counseling isn't the only service we offer. Our team of therapists offers support and counseling for a wide range of concerns. We provide services for teens and young adults, anxiety, depression, recovery from trauma, and marriage and couples counseling. Take the first step toward a better life by calling today.