Favorite Family Holiday MoviesNovember 13, 2021
Tis the season for Christmas and holiday movies! Christmas is such a special time of year. Joy and happiness really do fill the air! The beautiful lights and decorations bring warmth to weary souls. Enjoying a Christmas movie while drinking hot chocolate with my family is one of my favorite holiday traditions.
There are countless, magical Christmas movies but these are a few favorites that are sure to provide you with cheer:
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas (ages 3+)
2. Frosty the Snowman (ages 3+)
3. Miracle on 34th Street (ages 6+)
4. The Polar Express (ages 6+)
5. Miracle on 34th Street (ages 6+)
6. Elf (ages 7+)
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (ages 8+)
8. The Santa Clause (ages 9+)
9. It’s a Wonderful Life (ages 9+)
10. Home Alone (ages 10+)
11. The Christmas Chronicles (ages 10+)
12. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (ages 13+)
If you are wondering if a movie would be appropriate for your child(ren), Common Sense Media allows you to search for movies, provides age recommendations, tells you why a movie was scored a certain way, and includes parent and child reviews. There are so many wonderful Christmas movies to choose from, but I hope that some of the movies on this list will bring a smile to your face this holiday season. Maybe start a new tradition during the holiday season of watching a movie every Friday night as a family or have a Christmas movie marathon one weekend. Be intentional in your family time this season.
If you or your family is struggling this holiday season, we would love to partner with you. We have openings in our Fuquay Varina, Raleigh and Wake Forest offices. For more tips on how to thrive during the holidays, see our blog post on reducing holiday stress.