Telehealth, or Online Therapy in North Carolina
Telehealth, aka. online counseling, allows you to meet with a therapist in the comfort of your own space. No more driving to the office, fighting traffic and finding parking. No more fear of running into someone you know on your way in or out. You can begin moving from surviving to thriving without having to leave your house. Our online therapists are ready to help walk alongside you.
Benefits of Telehealth, Online Counseling, Video Therapy
- Convenience- life is busy. Making time for appointments can be hard. Telehealth allows you to sign on, do your session, sign off and get right back to whatever you were doing (taking care of littles or working on a proposal)
- Accessible- with an internet connection and computer, you are just a click away from meeting with your online therapist, even if you live "in the middle of nowhere".
- Confidential- live in a small town and worried about running into your neighbor or hairstylist on your way into the therapy office? Online counseling offers you the ability to stay right where you're at, in the comfort and security of your own home. No-one has to know who you're meeting with online, and if the UPS driver pulls up mid-session to deliver an Amazon package, no worries we don't judge.
Is Online Therapy Right For Me?
You're ready to take the step to do something different. Just surviving is not the #currentmood you want to keep having. However, the idea of coming into an office to see your therapist feels daunting and if you're honest a little scary. The thought almost makes you decide you're not ready. But thats just the fear talking. Online counseling can be just what you need to get started on your journey to thriving. Your therapist can meet with you through a secured platform, right where you are. You can even lay on your own couch if you want.
Online counseling can be a great option for you if:
- You are ready to start therapy, but don't like the idea of coming into the office.
- There are not a lot of therapists in your area that is a good fit for your needs.
- Your work schedule doesn't allow for a meeting during typical office hours.
- Child care struggles make it difficult to plan a time to meet (and then you also have to pay a sitter)
- You have a quiet and confidential space to meet
- You have internet, a tablet, phone or computer
Online therapy is not a good option for you if you:
- are having suicidal thoughts or plans; hallucinations (hearing or seeing things other people don't hear or see); or thoughts of harming someone else.
- live with a roommate and don't have a way or period of time where you can be alone.
- do not have a secure (ie. the hotspot at the library or cafe) internet connection or a tablet, phone (with an app) or computer
Common Questions About Online Therapy in North Carolina
Absolutely! Online therapy is not "less than" office therapy. Online therapists use the same mode of treatment as in office therapists- talk.
Our secure Telehealth platform also allows us to share our screen and upload and share documents, so we can truly do everything we would do as if you were sitting in the same room.
The advantage is, you didn't have to drive to get to us and you get to sit in your favorite comfy chair instead of ours.
You Were Made to Thrive. Online Counseling can Help.
Don't let schedules, time constraints, fear, or anxiety keep you from getting started on your journey to thriving. You were made for more than just surviving day in and day out. Our online therapists will join you where you are and help you begin to overcome your struggles. Therapy doesn't have to look traditional to be effective. In fact, research shows that online therapy can be just as, if not more effective in helping people with anxiety, depression, stress, and many other concerns. #YOLO so jump online, schedule an appointment, and start thriving.
Other Counseling Services at Foundations Family Therapy:
Our team of therapists offers support and counseling for a wide range of concerns. We provide services for teens and young adults, anxiety, depression, recovery from trauma, and marriage and couples counseling. Take the first step toward a better life by calling today.